Six days. It has been six days since I've posted anything to this blog! My non-crafting world needs to calm down so that I can get back to creating! In the meantime, here's a quick list of ten things on my radar:
1. There are three books and a magazine sitting in my suitcase (still unpacked from a trip weeks ago) that I'm dying to read:
Design Basics for Creative Results by Bryan L. Peterson.
I've never bought a design book before, I mostly go off of intuition, but I thought it would be good to actually make some conscious decisions!
Lifelines by Carol Wingert & Tena Sprenger
I love books that are full of techniques rather than projects. Projects I can invent, I want know how! From my brief flip through, this seems like a nice mix -- the projects are all technique based. I'm also a transfer addict, and this books seemed to offer a few ideas.
Art Stamping Workshop by Gloria Page
This book is all about hand carving stamps, which is a particular fun favorite of mine! However, I'm completely self taught as to how to do it, so I thought a book might speed up my learning curve.
August/September Somerset Memories
One of my absolute favorite scrapbooking magazines!
2. I'm working on October's Altered Kit for Serendipity Scrapbooks. I can't say too much, but it's really cute and I'm kind of thrilled with how mine is turning out so far. I'm not going to have time to finish it for at least a week or two and it's killing me to have started it and have to walk away. I should have just left everything in the box, but I wanted to play with all the new stuff!
3. I've got half of a quilt on my ironing board. The deadline is fast approaching for the 2007 Journal Quilts and I have to finish mine and get it sent off to Texas by the end of the month.
4. I've got two super exciting announcements, but both will have to wait for a few more days...
5. I bought a Wacom Tablet and I'm really excited to explore the possibilities. I've done a little bit of work with it, creating some digital fabrics and then printing them out to use on my Journal Quilt (see #3).
6. I had a lot of fun doing last week's Art Inspiration Challenge and want to get to this week's. Of course, there are a million other challenges that I also want to do, but this is my top priority right now.
7. I'm waiting to receive my September Design Team goodies from Just Let Me Scrapbook.
8. I have a completely unopened kit from Scrapologie. It arrived sometime this week and I have had no time to even open it up and finger the paper! So sad.
9. I got an ATG gun! After refilling my Hermafix Dotto for the one-thousand-and-eighty-fifth time, I caved and bought the red ATG gun. I haven't had a chance to use it (because I haven't scrapped all week) but I'm very much looking forward to fewer refills for a better price!
10. Dear Jane is weighing heavily on me. I haven't made a new block in months and months. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that so many things are getting in the way. I did buy the fabric for the sashing last month, so I'm moving ahead, albeit slowly. I have class on Wednesday and I'm hoping to find time to do something in the next day or two or show up empty handed...again.
So, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some projects to share sometime soon!