Marriage is Hard
This is probably one of the all time simplest layouts I've ever done. My Mother said it was ugly when she saw it, but I rather like it. Plus, how cool is it that the screenprinted pattern resists the colorants? The original piece of paper is kraft colored (like the center of the heart).
I think this is my favorite of the four layouts I did with the main kit. I love the way it all came together (and the masking is just so neat looking with the butterfly). I did a very messy machine stitch all along the lacy ribbon and I'm very pleased with how it looks too!
I used one of my all time favorite techniques on this layout. I placed the two exclusive Label Tulip stamps (aren't they fun?) onto a block and used Ranger Distress Ink to stamp them across the page. Distress Ink is reactive with water, so I spritzed the background with water and let the ink run for a very cool effect! The lacy ribbon is dyed with Glimmer Mist.
This was for the monthly challenge: create a monochromatic layout. I've rarely ever done something like this and I do feel that I cheated a little bit, but I had fun nonetheless. And I learned something! A monochromatic background allows for a lot of layering and texturing, but really lets your photos take center stage (and busy photos at that). Good to know!
And now (insert drum roll and a big grin here)...my project kit: Metropolis in Bloom! You have to scroll down after you click through the link in order to buy it.
- 7gypsies - Market Collection: Moe
- 7gypsies -Market Collection: Herne
- Bazzill - Embossed Cardstock: Peek-a-Boo Leaves: Parakeet
- Bazzill - Embossed Cardstock: Vintage Vines: Ruby Slipper
- 7gypsies - Binderie Board Kit: City Scape
- Ranger -12x12 sheets of Sticky Back Canvas (2 sheets)
- Tim Holtz - Grungepaper -Harlequin (1 sheet)
- Tim Holtz -Ink Blending Tool (One tool and two dense, quality foam pads included)
- Heidi Swapp - Invisibles Alphas: Downtown Dot
- Heidi Swapp - Damask stamp
- Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears (4qty per kit)
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Washers ( 8 qty per kit)
- Craft Felt: Yellow and Blue
- Anchor - Embroidery Floss - White
And here's the project...
Like I mentioned yesterday, there's a private blog with instructions on how to put the kit together to make this cool mini book. It's my first time putting a kit together and it was crazy and fun and a little surreal.
Thanks for stopping by!