I woke up with a big smile on my face. I feel happy. So I thought I'd share a quick list of ten things that are making me happy right now! So, in no particular order...
1. I love the blog, "A Girl & Her Journal" and this video she did is fantastic:
2. Visiting the DeCordova Sculpture Garden in Lincoln, MA.
3. This woman.
She and I have been shopping, eating, laughing, and generally being silly for the past few days (also see #10).
4. Painted toenails.
Hooray for summer and flip flops!
5. This challenge site. Every challenge, they blow me away with their creativity and honesty. The guest designers are always interesting artists from around the globe. And while I haven't yet participated in a challenge, I faithfully read the blog and am inspired by it!
The current challenge is: Tell us about your perfect day (either one you’ve had or one you imagine.)
6. Headbands with flowers.
I picked up a few at Anthropologie the other day and I can't stop wearing them! They're so summery. I suspect I may have to try making some of my own.
7. I'm going to Seattle for the wedding of my sister-in-law and her lovely fiance. Can't wait!
8. I stumbled upon this video on art journaling techniques and it spoke to me. Hope you enjoy it too!
9. Inchies! I can't stop myself from making them! Since they're only 1x1 inch, they're quick and easy! Here's a canvas I recently made with inchies that use lots and lots of Prima and Ranger goodies:
Here are some close ups:
I love how two flower petals create a heart in the example above. So cool!
And this little shadow box is one I made for Scrapbook Memories TV showcasing Sakura's pens and inks and paints:
10. Weeds & Wildflowers Digital Kits. I've had this one kickin' around on my desktop forever...
...and I sat down to use it today and I'm in LOVE! That kit is from the Prima Hybrid collection. Here's what I did with it today for Project Fifty-Two:
So, so, so much fun!
There you go, those are my ten! What's making you happy these days?