I've got an awesome video tutorial for you today! But first...some random Q&As:
- If I could be in any infomercial, I would pick the Cricut informerical, because: It’s the only one I’ve watched from start to finish (though, I don’t think I can actually operate a Cricut)!
- If I could be any character from a movie, I would be Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice because: It's my favorite book and one of my favorite movies. I'm a romantic at heart and I've always felt that I was a very Austen-esque heroine. I also identify with Elizabeth's sharp tongue!
- If my life story was to be written as a novel, the title would be: A Life Unexpected
- I always wanted to be: a Mom.
- If I can only give my not-yet-in-existence children one piece of advice, it would be: Always see the glass as half full.
- Three things I want very badly at the moment are: Breakfast, a sweater, and to clean my glasses.
- What is your process for creating layouts when you receive a Label Tulip kit? Do you start with photos, paper, a sketch, or something else? I generally start with the kit itself. I look at the products and figure out what I want to do with them. Then, I start to think about what stories will go with those techniques.
- I had the BEST time creating this layout using the May 2009 Label Tulip kit:
Here is a sneak peek of the July kit:
And if you'd like to make these:
Watch this video:
Finally, I have to share these photos:
I made this video at my Mom's house over Fourth of July weekend. And my brother was nice enough to rig up a camera set up so I could video my hands from above. It was quite the impressive MacGyver moment!
Thanks for stopping by! If you decide to make some stencils, drop me a line! I'd love to see them!