2. What's the last thing someone made for you? Maureen (center) was my assistant on Galileo. She made me this fun frame filled with my "words of wisdom."
Maureen (center) was my assistant on Galileo. She made me this fun frame filled with my "words of wisdom."
3. What is something you want to go to?ArtFest always always always conflicts with the Spring theatre season. Urgh. Someday I'll get to go...I hope!
4. Share a photo that makes you laugh
5. What's your favorite word?
Honestly, I need to do an entire scrapbook about my favorite words and phrases - the things I say all the time! Hmmmm...an idea is brewing....
The cup holder on my desk always has a glass of Diet Coke in it. It fuels all of my art projects! Speaking of which, check out these cool paintings.
7. What's your favorite product right now?
8. Whose style do you dig?
So many people! But right now, I've got a crush on the *entire* Kenner Road team. I think each of these girls is super talented:
- amy martin
- celeste smith
- debee campos
- dina wakley
- gigi kennedy
- jessi lute
- katie watson
- kerry lynn yeary
- lisa garay
9. Link to a great blog you've discovered lately...
An Uninterrupted View. This woman is *amazing* and inspiring! A new find for me and I've got a serious crafty crush! Here are two gorgeous examples from her blog:
10. What's the last craft you made?I'm teaching a new class on Wednesday at Portrait Bug. It's called, "Scrappy Jewelry." All about how to make jewelry from your scrapbooking supplies.
11. A photo of the last happy mail you got It may seem silly, but I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this light bulb. It's for the Ott Light that is right over my desk and I just can't work without it! I seriously danced around the house when it arrived!
It may seem silly, but I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this light bulb. It's for the Ott Light that is right over my desk and I just can't work without it! I seriously danced around the house when it arrived!
12. Something you've gotten lately? I won it in a raffle at a ScrapPink crop I went to on Saturday!
I won it in a raffle at a ScrapPink crop I went to on Saturday!
13. What is a crafty project you are looking forward to?I'm in a nesting kind of mode. And I've been reading a lot of Design Sponge and Apartment Therapy. So, I'm desperate to do a crafty home project. Maybe refurbish a chair? Or refinish a funky table? I just wish NYC had better thrifting. Our Salvation Army and junk shop prices are more than some regular stores! Ah, well. It's on my mind. I just have to find the right piece of furniture!
15. Recent Favorite Project?
Prima. Love those Lollipop Flowers!
16. Something you're working on right now?
There's been a huge resurgence of crafting lately. All the cool kids are doing it. Are you? If so, what kind of crafting?— Caissa McClinton
I am crafty, but I don't have time to pursue it. I am a really good seamstress and can make complete outfits from discontinued patterns from the ’30s and ’40s. No, really, I am amazing at it, but it takes forever and hurts my eyes and back. Sewing gets me high!
18. What gives you goosebumps?Vigeland Park in Norway remains the most amazing and emotionally affecting art experience I've ever had.
19. Share a new obsession.
20. Why do you craft?
To express myself. To make contact with other people. To keep my hands busy. To comment on the world. To explore thoughts and ideas. To play. To pass the time. To record my life. But, I think Stella Adler had it right:
Thanks for stopping by!