1. I'm obsessed with hand cut titles lately.
I cut the one above from some beautiful Prima paper. It's an easy trick that I've been doing on almost every single layout lately! I don't draw out the letters or trace them. I just cut them. I know it sounds crazy, but give it a try. You'll be surprised at how quick and easy it is!
Not related, but still fun: Below, you can see a detail of the beautiful pearl centers that I used. They really transform any paper flower into something special.
2. Label Tulip Contest!
It's the "Share Label Tulip With a Friend"
contest and there are two ways to win:
For every friend that you encourage to sign up for and post in our forum, both you and your friend will be eligible to win
a Label Tulip RAK.
Here are the rules:
- When your
friend signs up for the forum, please have them send Jennifer (the owner) a private message with
their username and your username.
- During the next two weeks, they must post at
least ten times in the forum.
- On October 5th we will announce the winners and each one will receive the RAK kit!
- You are eligible to win for each friend that enters.
For every friend of yours that
signs up for either a 3 month or 6 month subscription, you will be
eligible to win your own 3 month FREE subscription in addition to your
Here are the rules:
- When your friend signs up, have him or her mention your name in the PayPal comments and you will be automatically entered to win!
- You must already be a kit subscriber to be eligible for your friend to sign up and for you to win the free extension.
- If your friend cancels the subscription, then your free extension will be canceled as well
Both of these contests end 10/5/2009 so get your friends' entries in as soon as possible.
Label Tulip is a really lovely community. I've been on the design team for just about a year now. There are lots of friendly girls and things are starting to move and shake with the new owner, Jennifer!
One of the best painted layout tutorials I've ever seen. And she says the page came together in only an hour! It's by C.D. Muckosky on the Creating Keepsakes blog. You can see it here. Amazing page, right? I love her work! I think she's totally genius!
4. I've been sewing and playing with fabric and dye and paint for days!
Above, you can see some of my hand painted/stamped fabric. The base is regular old cotton muslin. I'm working on a quilt for this Simplicity designer challenge and I've been through so many prototypes! Yesterday, I cut a hole in a finished quilt to experiment with some bias binding. Today, I've been weaving strips of fabric together. It has been quite fun, though I will admit my back is starting to hate me.
And believe it or not, what you see above is also a quilt in progress. It's canvas fabric covered in several layers of paint and gesso. Here's a detail:
Hopefully, a finished project will emerge at some point!
Thanks for stopping by!