...or is it a dress apron? Hard to tell.
Here are the facts:
- I wanted to make a new apron.
- I had a few yards of a beautiful printed canvas from when I went shopping in Colorado with this girl.
- I didn't want the apron to have a waist tie in the back because the knot is uncomfortable when you sit in a chair.
- I needed the apron to be flattering. I know this is vain, but people often take photos of me while I'm teaching and I want to look "cute."
- I wanted the neck strap to be super comfy and not weigh me down.
I drew this sketch in my notebook:
But I couldn't figure out how to get the top to fit right. So I pulled out a tank top that I love and traced it. A little bit of remedial sewing and I managed to hem the top and get it all put together. (I did sew one of the armholes shut along the way.) Then I made a big tube, pleated it, and attached it to the top. With the addition of a big ol' pocket, my brand new apron was complete!
It looks like a dress doesn't it? So cute! I may have to try making an actual dress out of some cotton fabric. Though, I'm not sure that my sewing skills are really up to it. But in the meantime I'm loving my super cool apron dress. Full coverage, so comfy, and oh so very cute!!
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. I just want to say THANK YOU so much for all your nice comments on my exciting news from yesterday! It is much appreciated!!!