I'm wrapping up 2010 with a look back at some favorite art adventures from the year. Today we'll be looking at my ten favorite scrapbook pages from 2010. Tomorrow a look back at my ten favorite blog post tutorials from 2010. Thursday will be a peek back at my ten favorite non-scrapbook projects from the year. And finally on Friday I will have the first post for my big year-long art project for 2011! (I hope you'll join me!)
So without any further ado, here are my favorite pages I made during 2010 (some of which I haven't even shown on this blog before! Are you a careful reader, do you know which ones are never-before-seen?):
January 5, 2010
Here are some observations:
- There were clear periods of the year during which my mojo was working. Conversely, there were clear periods during the year when it just wasn't.
- An enormous number of the layouts use circles.
- An enormous number of the layouts have paint on them -- and even more specifically a hand painted title.
- An enormous number of the layouts use cardstock as a background (as opposed to patterned paper).
- An enormous number of the layouts tend to weight to the left.
- An enormous number of the layouts use my messy cursive handwriting.
- Not one of the layouts records a birthday. One records a holiday event, but the journaling is more about the relationship between my brother and his friend.
- About half of the layouts record a relationship or an emotion, the other half an event.
I don't know that any of this means anything, but definitely some stuff for me to think about going forward.
How about you? Do you have a top ten (or twelve)? What are some trends you notice in your own work from this year?