It was so fantastic to read all your comments on yesterday's post! I really was surprised at the layouts that people seemed to love. Really, really interesting! Thank you so much to all of you who took the time to comment! I appreciate it so much! Mwah!
And now for today's post...
Announcing a new class at The Ink Pad:
April 16, 10am – 5pm (with a one-hour break for lunch)
at The Ink Pad's Westbeth Classroom: 55 Bethune Street (between Washington & West)
Contact the store directly to register: 212.463.9876
Even if you are 100% sure that you can’t draw, come and learn how wonderfully fast and easy it is to create a mixed media painting. I’ll share tips and techniques for awesome texture, bright colors, easy shading, and fantastic results! I will share my fun and zany method for working on 2-3 different canvases at the same time (depending on how quickly you like to work)!
- 2-3 Stretched Canvases (16x20 recommended)
- Tissue Paper or Dress Patterns
- Pretty Paper (Book Pages, Sheet Music, Scrapbook Paper, or Wrapping Paper)
- Decoupage Medium (Liquitex Matte Medium and/or Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium)
- Acrylic Paint (6-10 colors including black and dark blue)
- Paint Palette (paper or plastic plates are great for this)
- Black China Marker
- Credit Card and/or Palette Knife
- Jar or container for water
- Paintbrushes (bristle brushes: large flat, small round, medium round, and any others you like)
- Rag or Paper Towel
- Apron (paint will be flying, so please don’t wear anything you can’t wash)
- Plain White Copy Paper (several sheets for sketching)
- Pen or Pencil
- Masking Tape
- Optional Items: stencils, foam stamps, Legos, toilet paper tube, toothbrush, corrugated cardboard, pill bottle, other colorants (spray ink, watercolor crayons, Cray-Pas, etc.), heat gun (bring an extension cord and/or power strip if you have them)
Hope to see you there!