Welcome to day four of stamping inspiration and giveaways!
For seven days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday -- we're skipping Saturday & there's a special blog hop post on Friday for Art Journal Every Day) I will be giving away one of my brand new stamp sets from Canadian stamp manufacturer, Stamping Bella! All of the stamps are specifically aimed at art journaling. Of course you can use them for lots of different things, but my intention in creating them was for you to use them when you art journal! If you'd like to win today's featured stamp, leave a comment answering the question of the day (find it at the end of this post). You must answer the question of the day if you want to win! On Thursday, May 12, I will post all seven winners!
And, of course, if you want to buy any of the featured stamps, you can find them all here.
Today's featured stamp set is "Julie's Building a Scallopy House."
This is an adorable set and super versatile! I designed it so that you can mix-and-match all the pieces to create houses and towers. AND each of the pieces works as a stamp to create cool background patterns and funky flowers!
When I buy stamps the number one thing I ask myself is, "How can I use this?" And that's not a question about what kind of project, it's more about what kind of versatility does this stamp have? And baby, this set goes up, down, and all around!
A few details I want to point out:
- The scallop stamp fits inside the heart square shape!
- The small empty rectangle (the house chimney) is wider at one end than the other. This sounds insignificant, but it means that you can create all sorts of repeating patterns with it that have movement and directionality!
- The two triangle (or roof) stamps are exactly the same size. This allows you to do all sorts of patterning with them because they fit together perfectly!
- The heart square shapes are exactly half the height of the large scalloped rectangle. This makes it easy to create patterns that line up!
As you can see I really thought long and hard about this set and how to make it super versatile! I think all the stamp sets are really versatile, but this one I could (and will) probably make 1,000 projects with it!
Here's a quick video of me playing with this set in my art journal:
- Mister Huey from Studio Calico
- Staz On from Tsukineko
- Julie's Building a Scallopy House Stamp Set from Stamping Bella
- Koi Watercolors by Sakura
- Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
- Golden Fluid Acrylics
- Archival Ink from Ranger
- Golden Gesso
- Pitt Pen by Faber-Castell
- Matte Medium by Liquitex
- miscellaneous: paint brushes, water, book pages
If you'd like to win a set of the house stamps, here's the question of the day (but not really a question):
Share a link to an art journal page you love. Why do you love it?
The journal page can be your own or someone else's page. Leave your answer in the comments section of this post!
Thanks for stopping by!