Who doesn't want to learn how to create super cool hand lettering? It's one of the questions I'm most frequently asked: How do I learn lettering? Here are three awesome ways!
NUMBER ONE: An Online Class
One of my favorite lettering artists is Joanne Sharpe.
She is massively talented and I'm sure you've seen her lettering all over Pinterest, in Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, and she has a wonderful line of stamps too! Joanne is currently teaching an online lettering class called "Letter Love 101: Art Journaling."
- 29 DAYS of instruction, inspirations and journaling projects (it's Leap Year with the bonus day in this February class!)
- Unlimited access forever! (private blog)
- Daily lessons format, but enjoy it all at YOUR OWN pace!
- 20 entertaining technique videos
- 15 photo tutorials
- 12 pdfs to print and keep
- Teacher feedback and critique
- Exclusive password protected content
- All of the above will feature fun, enjoyable, detailed video demos, journal samples, lettering pages, inspirational quotes booklet, supply resources and class Flickr gallery
- An incredible value at $35
Lots more info and sign-up here.
NUMBER TWO: A Lettering Book
Another lettering goddess is Joanne Fink. (Two lettering Joannes in one post?! It boggles the mind!) Joanne is incredibly talented and so very generous of spirit. You've probably seen her lettering and drawing on stamps, greeting cards, scrapbook paper, and so much more! She has a wonderful new book out called Zenspirations: Letters & Patterning.
"Patterning is fun, easy and relaxing - and it is a great way to add interest and texture to any design. Joanne Fink presents creative monogram and pattern techniques in Zenspirations, offering intriguing ideas for filling boarders, edges and spaces with creative flourishes. The many decorative boarders, frames, shapes, and alphabet will appeal to a spectrum of tastes and styles. Use Joanne's techniques to create details, depth and beauty reminiscent of classical architecture, medieval block printing and manuscript calligraphy. Her passion for beautiful patterns is contaigious. Joanne makes it easy to turn simple lines into attractive designs while her doodled shapes inspire readers to embellish more and just have fun with the process."
You can read more about it and purchase it for just $11.55 here.
NUMBER THREE: A Live Class
I'm going to be teaching a brand new class called "Lovely Lettering" at CREATE: New Jersey on Sunday, July 22 from 9am - noon. Registration opens on Thursday, February 16 at 2pm EST. I can only take 25 students.
All the class information should be up on the CREATE website today (I'm teaching two other classes as well). So check it out and then come back on the 16th to sign up!
Thanks for stopping by!