I'm starting a new project:
Without any time limit, rules, or concrete plans, I am publicly declaring that I am going to create art on 100 canvases and share them all -- good and bad -- on this blog.
- To become more comfortable with working large.
- To push myself out of "pretty."
- To experiment with colors I don't normally use.
- To stop being so literal and try some abstract compositions.
- To get better at making art through practice and experimentation.
- To have a substantial body of work.
- To learn more about painting.
- This is a small apartment. I'm not sure where I'm going to put 100 canvases.
Here is my first canvas:
This canvas has actually had a very long life. I painted the current image over this image:
All 100 canvas posts will be archived here.
Thanks for stopping by!