I'm really excited to share that I have teamed up with scrapbooking kit club Cocoa Daisy to offer a really cool Art Journal Every Day: December kit!!!
Way back during the summer, Christine...
...asked me if I'd put together an art journaling kit and mini class for December. I'm a huge fan of Ali Edwards' December Daily project, and a fan of Cocoa Daisy and Christine, so of course I said yes! I knew I'd have to put my own Julie-spin on things and I figured that the line between a December Daily scrapbook album and art journal was pretty darn arbitrary.
Christine gave me a budget and I set out to put together a collection of my favorite art journaling tools (note the Deli Paper and the white Sharpie), along with a little binder, and some supplies that I have wanted to try out (the Dear Lizzy roller stamp and the delicious gold glitter tape), but haven't had the chance to hold in my hot hands.
I purposely tried not to make the kit too Christmas-y so that you could use it for a different month (if you're too busy right now), or in case you don't celebrate Christmas. You can always add more red, green, and Santa if you wish!
The exclusive online mini class that comes with any kit purchase includes FIVE fantastic videos! AND, like all my online classes, you will have access forever!
The five videos (packed with hours of awesome instruction) are:
- Kit Contents: In this video I go through everything that comes in your kit, share why I chose it, and more importantly, how to use it. From the white Sharpie to the deli paper, my goal is to ensure that you feel comfortable with everything in the kit.
- Sample Page: In this chatty tutorial I walk you through every single step of creating an art journal page -- my thought process, the design, the techniques I use. My goal with this video is to teach you how to think about art journaling.
- Adding Pages: This video covers several ideas for adding pages into your binder, without the page protectors. These are ideas that you could use with any binder, including your Project Life binder!
- Techniques: This might be my favorite of the videos. I share TEN of my best techniques for preparing papers ahead of time to make the art journaling every day process a bit more streamlined!
- The Binder: This is a fast forward video in which I decorate the the front and back covers of my binder using products from the kit. This video is intended to be inspirational, rather than instructional.
In the online classroom you will also be able to ask me questions and share your pages.
I made a little video all about it:
Finally, I am giving away a kit (and therefore a seat in the online class). If you'd like to be entered to win, take a peek at the kit contents and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know which item in the kit has you totally excited and why! I'll post a winner on Monday.
To be entered to win, you must leave your comment in the comments section of this blog. If you don't know how to leave a comment, watch this video.
I hope that you will join me for Art Journal Every Day: December!
Here is this week's linky list:
P.S. Just a reminder that I am going to be on the Cocoa Daisy message board TONIGHT (Friday, October 26) at 6pm EST for a live chat! If you'd like to ask me any questions or just hang out and gab, I hope you'll stop by. I'll be online for at least an hour! :)