You may recall that back in April Rebekah Meier was a guest on the Adventures in Arting Podcast. During the podcast she chatted about her new product line with Fabric Editions called Fabric Elements.
Fabric Editions is the leader in pre-cut fabrics. Rebekah's line, Fabric Elements, is all about pre-cut materials for the mixed media artist including Wool Felt, Lutradur, Peltex, Batting, Waffle Muslin, and Osnaburg, all in neutrals so that your personal colors can be added. The line also includes patterned tissue paper, stencils, and trims.
Rebekah sent me some of the items from her collection and I turned them into this cute little fabric vase:
I mounted some fabric onto Peltex and then cut out the pieces using my ScanNCut...
The super duper easy-to-follow pattern for the vase is from the book Fast, Fun, and Easy Fabric Vases. It was my first time making a fabric vase and I love the way it turned out. I've been wanting to try a project from that book and these products were an ideal fit for it! I was nervous about trying to mix Rebekah's shabby chic style and my bright and bold approach, but I think it worked out well, don't you?
Fabric Elements is now issuing a creative challenge to you!
Creative Challenge Guidelines:
- Create a project using at least 2 of the products from the Fabric Elements collection, available in Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft stores in the quilting section. Also at joann.com.
- Share finished project image on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #FabricElements hashtag, anytime between September 1 and September 24. Fabric Editions will find them in social media, or you can email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be posted for you.
On September 25 the finalists’ project photos will be posted on the Fabric Editions Facebook page for voting. The photo with the most “likes” wins! Voting ends September 29, 2015.
So what do you win?!
Each of the 20 finalists will receive a copy of Rebekah’s book, “Techniques For Mixed Media.” The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Fabi Sizzix Machine
- 3 Bigz-Dies,
- Techniques For Mixed Media Book by Rebekah Meier
- 6 Colored fat quarters: yellow, pink, orange, blue, purple, green
- 6 white on white fat quarters
- Waffle Muslin
- 3 Stencils
- Canvas Banners
- Burlap Banners
- Pellon EZ-Steam II
- Canvas Tags
- Tissue Paper
- Wool Felt
- 9 Bottles of Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow Fluid Acrylic Textile paint
If you'd like to see more project inspiration, Rebekah has asked lots of crafty friends to share some ideas using Fabric Elements.
Thanks for stopping by!