ONE DAY FLASH SALE: Buy two original works of art in the next twenty-four hours and save 25% ON BOTH!!! USE THE CODE: ONEDAYJUNE
More than half-way through this project and I only seriously thought about quitting once. I think that's pretty good. More thoughts at the moment:
- I get into a technique or an idea and I feel like I could explore that one idea for a long while. Probably means I'm due for a series.
- I definitely feel like I'm getting better at creating faces. I use a reference image about one-third of the time. The rest of the faces are just made up. And I find that the more I practice the more realistic my made up faces look. For instance, can you guess which of the ballpoint faces was made up? Or which of the watercolor faces was done with a reference image? It's getting harder to tell and I love that.
- I'm ready for this project to be over. Not because I've stopped loving making faces or making art. I looooove both of those things. But, I am feeling a bit fatigued by the daily grind of having to do one every single day. I'm much more of a binge creator and I'd like to make twenty faces in one day and none for two days. But, I'm slogging on because I think this project is good for me.
- I have been enjoying working at a smaller scale recently, Lots of these faces are 6x6 or smaller and that has been joyful.
- I never thought a lot about how much time it takes me to create using certain techniques, but I'm hyper aware of time now. For instance, I can absolutely complete a small acrylic or watercolor painting in 15 minutes or less. Ballpoint sketches I can do in 15 minutes if I mostly skip the hair. Collage is almost impossible for me in 15 minutes. Printmaking is a good 15 minute exercise and the time limit forces me to just go and not think too much. I was surprised that the free motion stitching was such a quick exercise -- easily less than 15 minutes, even when I had some machine issues!
- My favorite thing about this project is that I never know what I'm going to do on a given day. I love that. I don't pre-plan, I just wander into the studio (or the hotel room) and start the clock!
Here are the faces:
- All faces are for sale HERE. ONE DAY FLASH SALE: Buy two original works of art in the next twenty-four hours and save 25% ON BOTH!!! Free shipping in the U.S. and $10 shipping anywhere else in the world. USE THE CODE: ONEDAYJUNE
- Face 1
- Faces 2-9
- Faces 10-16
- Faces 17-27
- Faces 28-34
- Faces 35-49
Thanks for stopping by!