I've posted about ABC Home many times before. It's an amazing home goods store in New York City. Every time I go there, I find myself inspired. The vendors at ABC Home are definitely wired into what's hot right now in high end design. So, I love to use a stroll through the store as research & education on what's trending.
I look for:
- Colors/Color Combinations
- Lettering Styles/Fonts
- Display Ideas
What trends do you see when you look through these photos?
Obviously I didn't take photos of everything. I took photos of the things that interested me. So, the sample may be a little skewed. But, this is what I see:
- Colors/Color Combinations: Reds, pinks -- hot colors with denim blue accents.
- Patterns: Organic & tribal.
- Lettering Styles/Fonts: Very handwriting/hand lettering oriented.
- Display Ideas: A lot of bringing natural elements into display -- twigs, leaves, flowers. Also vintage and worn wooden items as display cases.
- Attitude/Style: Whimsical, female power, clean, organic, outdoor garden.
Do you agree or disagree?
I think we all see the same things differently, so I'd love to know what trends you see!