You guys! I finally finished that giant embroidered face I was working on. And by "finished," I mean I finally decided to stop fixating on all the little details and call it done!
I pinked the edges to prevent the muslin from raveling over time. And you can also see that huge seam running down the side of the piece. I didn't use a large enough piece of muslin when I started this project, so I had to add on a piece.
I'm an untrained embroider-er, so this piece was pretty much done intuitively using just a few types of stitches (and mostly not done "correctly":
Finally, because someone always asks about size, here is the piece with a 12 inch ruler for scale:
Hope you love it as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by!