Mom and I are discussing artistic fear on today's podcast. What is it? Why is it? And how can you overcome it?
If you do not see the podcast player above, please click on this link. You can listen to a podcast anywhere and at any time. It is a recording that is available to you whenever you'd like to listen. If you'd like to download it to your iTunes library, click here. You can also pause and rewind or fast forward as you desire. I like to listen to podcasts while I'm making art. It's a little like hanging out with friends while you art. Please subscribe to our podcast in iTunes or wherever you listen and be sure to leave us a review! Thanks so much!
- The instagram post that started it all.
- The quote from Hugh Laurie.
- The Martha Graham/Agnes de Mille conversation.
Some resources for you:
- 4 Painting Fears and How to Overcome Them
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- It's Never Too Late To Begin Again: Discovering Creativity and Meaning at Midlife and Beyond by Julia Cameron
- Talking About Failure is Crucial for Growth
Finally, a quick reminder that I've got a bunch of teaching gigs coming up:
- August 31-September 2: 3 Classes at Whimsodoodle in Florida. (Mom is coming with me to this one!)
- September 22-23: I'll be at The Ink Pad in NYC.
- October 13-14: ScanNCut for Artists in the Boston area.
- November 2-4: co-teaching a 3-day class with Nat Kalbach in the UK
I hope to see you in class! Thanks for stopping by!