Would you like to work with me?
- Be Local: Much of the work will need to be done at my home studio, so you need to be comfortable commuting to the West Suburban Boston area several times a week.
- Be a friendly and curious person brimming with positivity.
- Have your own car.
- Have your own smart phone.
- Be detail oriented and thorough.
- Be extraordinarily and outrageously organized.
- Be forward thinking. I appreciate people who look ahead to what needs to be done rather than waiting to be given a task.
- Be intelligent and resourceful.
- Enjoy answering questions and solving problems.
- Be a good writer and speller.
- Be computer and internet literate. Specifically:
- Be completely comfortable with Word, Excel, gmail, and Photoshop.
- Bonus if you're familiar with Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Typepad, QuickBooks, MailChimp, and InDesign. If you don't know these programs, it's important that you have a willingness to learn them.
- I work on a Mac, so Mac comfortability is a must.
- Have some working knowledge of how the major social media outlets (facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube, pinterest) work or a willingness to learn.
- Be comfortable and competent with a DSLR Camera -- both for shooting photos and video.
- Stay up to date on craft and art trends both online and in the real world.
- Be ready to carry boxes and move tables. Many tasks may involve manual labor (carrying boxes, moving stuff out of the way, climbing stairs, etc.).
- Super extra bonus points if you have expertise in branding, art making, or bookkeeping.
As you might guess from the bullets above, I am seeking an enthusiastic, relentlessly positive go-getter who is excited to help me build the Balzer Designs brand! The job is part-time (about 15 hours/week) right now, but for the right person there may be room for it to grow into a full-time position.
If you're interested, e-mail me a note about yourself with links to your social media channels (twitter, instagram, youtube, etc.) if you have them. And be sure to attach your resume.
Feel free to pass this posting on to anyone you think might be interested!
I hope to hear from you!