I've started a new weekly challenge at The All American Scrapbook Co. It's called "The List of Three Challenge." Every Wednesday, I post a list of three items, techniques, and/or tools. This was the first one:
Watercolor, acrylic, tempura, latex, spray paint…use whatever you’ve got sitting around. Here’s an idea: use acrylic paint, like you would an ink pad, and paint the edges of a photo mat or other item to add contrast and dimension to your page.
I’m sure you have silk flowers, paper flowers, metal flowers, rub-on flowers, sticker flowers, flower paper…lots and lots of flowers! Use some flowers from your stash or make your own! Use loops of ribbon to create a unique flower for your page.
3. Photo Mat
It has definitely become trendy to place your photo on the page without a photo mat. So this week, your challenge is to use a mat. If you already use mats, how about stretching yourself by double or triple matting? Or maybe trying a scallop-edged mat?
These are the rules:
• Your task is to create a layout, card, or altered item that uses all three of these elements. You may completely ignore the extra prompts if you choose.
• You may use additional supplies and techniques, but you must somehow incorporate all three of these specific elements.
• Post your creation(s) to the AASC gallery.
• Post a link to this weekly thread.
• When you have time, leave praise for other participants in the gallery.
• You may participate multiple times each week.
• Anyone can join at any time.
• There are no prizes, but hopefully you will finish pages, deplete your stash (leaving room to buy more – LOL!) and get some great inspiration!
Here is the layout I created for the challenge:
I painted the tags, used a flower rub-on, and matted my photo.
This week's list of three is as follows:
Rhinestones, beads, jewels – everything that glitters! Add some sparkle to your page with some major bling! Some possible page topics to go with your bling: prom, wedding, night out, teenagers, rock concerts, anniversaries, the Caribbean, Valentine’s Day…and so many more!
There’s a thread on the “techniques” board from a week or two ago with several suggestions for using chipboard on your pages. Share your technique with us when you post your page! Use store-bought or homemade chipboard embellishments.
3. Lined Paper
Notebook paper, striped patterned paper, or even make your own! Find a way to get those lines onto your pages! You can use lined paper as an arrow to direct the eye the direction the lines are going. You can use lined paper to write your journaling. So many possibilities!
Are you interested in playing along? Post your creations in the AASC gallery or any gallery of your choice and put the link in the comments section here. I'd love to see your creations and leave you praise!
I'll post a new challenge on Wednesday. Start playing whenever you'd like!