Here's the deal:
1. post these rules
2. each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3. those tagged should write a blog post of these facts
4. at the end of the post, 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5. go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged
So, here's my spin on it. I'm posting 8 random crafty (and hopefully interesting) facts about myself:
1. My most recent crafting purchase: a Wacom Tablet. I bought it tonight after trying out a friends' at a crop this afternoon. I can't wait!
2. Types of crafting I did today: I went to a crop from 10am - 4pm, came home and embroidered and then quilted.
3. My sewing machine came back from the shop yesterday. It was gone for two weeks. And, I can't believe how many times I reached for it to discover it was gone! Considering the fact that I learned to sew about two years ago, it's crazy how much of it I do!
4. Projects I'm in the middle of: a dress made out of old t-shirts I no longer wear, a quilt for the Journal Quilt project, my review team layouts for September at Serendipity Scrapbooks, my travel art journal from our trip to Turks & Caicos (just needs to be finished), my wedding album, the Galapagos Islands album, an article for Craft Critique on embroidery (I need to make my projects)...I think (hope) that's it!
5. The new crafting skills I'm learning this year: flameworking, digital scrapbooking, needle felting, and embroidery.
6. Crafting classes I want to take: doll making, watercolor painting, more silversmithing, figure drawing, Quilt-As-You-Go...and about a billion others!
8. Motto: "Art strives to express; craft strives for excellence. Good art has good craft, good craft is artistic. Within every craft there exists artists. Within every artist there is craft." - Ralph Reichenbach & Doug Madill
Blogs I am tagging:
I hope that you will visit their awesome, awesome blogs and find some inspiration!