Well, as usual December is totally crazy and I've gotten way behind on posting! But, I've got lots to share...
(1) Effer Dares
(2) Good News
(3) 25 Days Until Christmas
(4) 40% Discount Coupon
(5) Cuff Class
So, here we go!
1. After winning The Last Scrapper Standing contest at EfferDares.com, the Effer girls asked me to be the December guest. My dare went live on Friday and I hope you'll play along! Here it is:
Here is the dare- HANDMADE: Create a layout entirely made with your own two hands. We’re stripping scrapping down to the basics here. Use plain cardstock, make your own patterned paper with doodling or painting, use just a pen to create your title, make your own stickers, create your own embellishments, just make sure that it’s all handmade by you!
And here's my layout:
You can see the other girls work here. Leave me a link if you decide to play along!
2. Here's my good news: I've been asked to be a teacher for Heart in Hand Scraps, which is a site offering downloadable e-book lessons!
3. Here are my 25 Days Until Christmas layouts...
Day 12: What's your favorite Christmas song?
Day 13: When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas?
I created this layout from my very last Scrapologie kit. Scrapologie is closing the kit part of their site and I am sad, particularly because this may be the greatest kit they have ever sent me! Ah, well.
Day 14: Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
The tag in the front (with the heart) is something I found in the murky depths of my scrapbooking supplies. At first I thought that someone had made it and given it to me, but when I really looked at it, I realized that it's manufactured. For instance, what first looks like inked edges is actually pixelated, which means it's printed. How funny!
Day 15: Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without?
Day 16: Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few?
4. I'm posting this a bit late, but shop TODAY (December 16) and receive 40% off your entire order at Just Let Me Scrapbook! Use the code SYOS40 at checkout and be sure to mention that Julie sent you in the comments section!
5. If you're in the NYC area, you can now register for my ribbon cuff class at The City Quilter. Here's what the cuff looks like...
Here's the class description:
Learn multiple techniques while creating a piece of wearable art. Using water-soluble fabric, students will create this gorgeous cuff from ordinary ribbon and fiber. We will embellish the cuff with felt, fabric, machine stitching, hand stitching. and lots and lots of beads! We will explore color and design along the way. Instruction in thread painting, basic embroidery, and bead embellishment will be given. Basic knowledge of sewing machine required.
It is being offered on Friday, February 22 from 12-6pm for $65.
Well, that's it. Thanks for making it through this monster post!