The January 2009 kit is for sale over at Label Tulip. Here's what I made...
• I laid a piece of “lace paper” over my background paper and used several colors of ink to “stencil” in the background. I added some extra ink around the edges to enhance the effect.
• The clouds are cut from a piece of patterned paper, inked, and then adhered to the layout with foam adhesive.
• The title is just my handwriting.
• After cutting the tag shapes from some patterned paper, I used several coats of ink and water to color them.
• To emphasize the dot texture of the cardstock, I ran an ink pad over the top of it.
• I drew my title with a pen and then painted it with watercolor paints.
• I used gel medium to adhere patterned paper to the chipboard hearts. Then, I inked the eges. Then, I added a bit of crackle paint on top.
• To stitch the large title, I drew it in pencil on a separate piece of paper and then laid the paper over my layout and used a paper piercer to pierce the holes for my stitching. very easy.
• This layout was for a challenge in which you could only use five items (all from a kit), plus adhesive, embroidery floss, and a journaling pen. It was really hard for me to not use paint and ink or do any doodling. But, you can see I used (1) cardstock; (2) Basic Grey paper; (3) Making Memories paper; (4) Jenni Bowlin paper; (5) rhinestones. I used a paper distresser, foam adhesive, and paper folding to give some life to the limited supplies.
• The flowers are circles I handcut, distressed at the edges, and then layered.
• The rhinestones began as a star and I cut them apart to use all over the layout.
• The photo was sanded to eliminate the background.
• I stamped the bubble wrap stamp repeatedly, mixing a variety of colors. Then I cut the paper into circles and hearts. Then I added rub-ons. Then I used my finger to rub a thin layer of gesso across the top of each shape, to soften the colors. Finally, each shape got a quick outline with a pen.
• I drew the title with a pencil, outlined it with a pen, and then painted it with watercolors.
• The exterior edge of the layout has been painted with a watercolor outline.
Thanks for stopping by!