1. I love simple and smart ideas and a blogger named Carla has provided a very cool solution. As you may know, I love using a glass mat for all my exacto work. I use an old piece of glass from a picture frame and it has some dangerous edges. Carla just bought a microwave turntable for $3 to use as her glass mat! I love it! It won't cut you. it's big and sturdy. Awesome idea!
2. I found a thread over at the website A Million Memories where a woman with the username Karenika has a very cool spin on Project Fifty-Two. She is trying a new techniques once a week. She's got quite a list going. I love it!
3. Kaiser Craft has a bunch of cool papercrafting tutorials. From ornaments to explosion boxes, it's a nice grouping of projects with downloadable .pdf instructions.
4. The über talented Christiane has given me the most lovely blog award. You must visit her blog. Her layouts are just stunning. She does amazing cut work and combines patterns so beautifully. I could stare at her stuff all day long.
the rules are...
- everybody who's getting it should give it forward to only ONE person who is very special for you.
- it doesn't matter whether you like the style or the coloration or the imagination or or or........
- please link the person from whom you've got the award and the person you'll forward it to.
I'm not sure that's really English, but I think the intent is clear. Anyway, I would like to pass this award on to one of my favorite scrappers. I just adore her work and think it's absolutely genius: Wilna. She is a very talented artist and a very generous person.
5. It's sneaky peeky time for Label Tulip! Here's a bit of the January kit. (Kits go up for sale on the 15th.)
Thanks for stopping by!