Valentine's Day Tutorial: Friday
Inky Fingers

Label Tulip: One Kit Only!

To prepare us all for awesome new goodies from CHA, this month, Label Tulip is offering only one kit.  Oh, and this little sale too...

As we mentioned in the Sneak Peek newsletter, this month we will be having a 60% off blow-out sale on all of our previously remaining kits!   To get 60% off, please add the code "vday" into "Discount Code" before clicking "Add To Cart" on any of the previous kits.  Once these kits are gone, they're gone for good.  So, be sure to shop early... you don't want to miss out on this fabulous sale! 

This was definitely one of my favorite kits ever.  The Amy Butler butterflies are just too freakin' awesome!  So, here's what I created:


• I was at a crop when I made this layout and I didn’t have any acrylic paint.  However, I did have gesso and some watercolors.  So, I mixed some black watercolor paint with my white gesso to make the full coverage gray paint you see on the layout.
• I showcased the double sided nature of the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper by ripping a strip and then folding the edge over.  I used embroidery floss to hold it down.



• I painted the chipboard with gesso and then trimmed the pieces to fit together.  Then, I outlined the entire frame with a pen to help visually unite the disparate pieces.
• I used a Zig 2-way glue pen to draw in where I wanted the glitter on the hand cut flowers.  Then I dumped the flowers into a bowl of glitter.  Perfect placement every time!
• The alphabet stickers are inlined with a black pen and then a white pen.



• To create the background design, I used the leftover outside from a chipboard element as a mask.  I sprayed Glimmer Mist in the void and just moved the chipboard around.
• The title and the journaling are hand drawn and then painted.
• All of these photos have some unfortunate sun spots, but I decided to scrap them anyway.  I believe in using less-than-perfect photos.  The emotional content is still there.



This card it a variant of the tutorial you can find here.


• The background paper I collected was so busy, I had to mat everything with black cardstock to get it to pop off the page.
• To create the background, I used the leftover outside of the butterflies (the sheet I had punched them from) as a mask.  I stamped into the open spaces and then inked using several different colors of Distress Ink.
• Several of the butterflies are popped up using foam adhesive.  And I used a line of three pearls for their bodies.


And here is the before and after masking of the butterflies for the background:



• To cover the chipboard vine with glitter, I ran it through a Xyron sticker maker and then dipped it into a bag filled with glitter.  An easy, no-mess way to glitter your chipboard!
• The title is hand drawn.  I like to draw a very messy cursive title with a black pen and then fill it in with a white pen.
• To apply the glitter to the centers of the butterflies, I used a Zig 2-way Glue Pen to draw a line and then pushed the butterfly into a bowl of glitter.
• The “flowers” on the vine were cut from patterned paper and some of them were popped up with foam adhesive.
• I used several colors of ink (with an ink blending tool) on a piece of white cardstock to create the orange-y half circle you see.
• There’s foam adhesive under the butterfly wings to give them some dimension.


You have to check out the full gallery to see what all the Tulip Girls did.  This month's guest designer, Dina Wakley is just too amazing.  I have a full on craft crush on this girl!

Finally, I did a little post for the Label Tulip blog all about the gorgeous things that some of our members have made with the kits.  If you've made something with a Label Tulip kit, please share it!

Thanks for stopping by!