Valentine's Day Tutorial: Wednesday
February 11, 2009
I thought I'd do a little tutorial on making a digital Valentine's Day card. Here is the finished valentine:
You can print the valentine out (I recommend matte photo paper), e-mail it, post it on your blog...whatever you'd like. Here's the video tutorial (and for those of you who pay attention to these kinds of details, this tutorial was too long for YouTube, so I tried out Google Video for the first time and I like it a lot)...
- In the video, I'm using Photoshop Elements 4.0 on a Mac.
- You can get a free 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements from Adobe.com.
- All of the digital elements are from the Altered Valentine kit at Miss Crow's Magickal Emporium.
- In the tutorial, I have all of my digital elements open and ready in my photo bin. To do this, all I did was go to File>Open and choose the elements I wanted to work with.
- One of the shortcuts that I use in the video is apple+0 (that's a zero), which is the shortcut for the command "fit in window." It's very useful when you're trying to resize elements.
- I mention this several times in the video: Hold down the shift key while resizing to maintain the correct ratio. This means a square will remain a square and not turn into a rectangle.
Thanks for stopping by!