Kim, over at PortraitBug, gave me some Jillibean Soup last week. Jillibean is a new manufacturer and I somehow missed their booth at CHA. Anyway, Kim gave me some ribbon, some journaling spots, and a lot of kraft paper and asked me to make some stuff for the store.
At first, I thought all the kraft on kraft was going to be a bad idea. But, I am very happy with how things turned out!
Without question, this is the most foam adhesive I've ever used. I used the black foam adhesive, so you don't see much of it (which is great), but the dimension on this layout is crazy. It won't fit in a page protector! But the butterflies do look super cool! LIke they were just tossed onto the page and piled up. Speaking of butterflies, I used watercolors to tint them and then cut them out.
Yum, Glimmer Mist. I am out of Glimmer Mist. Yes, totally out, and definitely time to order more! Nevertheless, I borrowed some from a friend in order to do this layout. Thank you, Cheryl! Here's a detail shot of the distressing and sewing on the layout:
It provides some much needed texture to an otherwise flat layout!
I love the way this one turned out! Lots of vintage photos of my grandma. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm really "off" alphabet stickers. I mean, I love them and I collect them, but I'm so much more into drawing and painting my own titles these days. I rarely even stamp titles anymore. I don't know why, but it's a change I've noticed in myself.
Ever since I put together my "Pretty Packages" class in December, I've been obsessed with using scrapbook supplies to wrap gifts. It's such a fun way to use your supplies and all those extra little embellishments really add some oomph to the wrapping!
I used a whole bunch of scraps to make this card. And the glitter glue is from Sulyn. I discovered their stuff at CHA.
I took the photo on an angle because I wanted to show off the layered flowers. I made them from Jillibean ribbon. It's the first time that I've tried making flowers from ribbons this way and I'm very pleased. I'll have to do a tutorial at some point, because it's fairly easy and they look amazing! Again, I used glitter glue from Sulyn to jazz up the flower centers. Here's a detail shot of the flowers:
Thanks for stopping by!