Label Tulip: April 2009
April 16, 2009
Yesterday was reveal day at Label Tulip! There are four new Tulip Girls and so the gallery is just full of crazy awesome inspiration! Here's what I contributed...
Marriage is Hard
This is probably one of the all time simplest layouts I've ever done. My Mother said it was ugly when she saw it, but I rather like it. Plus, how cool is it that the screenprinted pattern resists the colorants? The original piece of paper is kraft colored (like the center of the heart).
I think this is my favorite of the four layouts I did with the main kit. I love the way it all came together (and the masking is just so neat looking with the butterfly). I did a very messy machine stitch all along the lacy ribbon and I'm very pleased with how it looks too!
I used one of my all time favorite techniques on this layout. I placed the two exclusive Label Tulip stamps (aren't they fun?) onto a block and used Ranger Distress Ink to stamp them across the page. Distress Ink is reactive with water, so I spritzed the background with water and let the ink run for a very cool effect! The lacy ribbon is dyed with Glimmer Mist.
This was for the monthly challenge: create a monochromatic layout. I've rarely ever done something like this and I do feel that I cheated a little bit, but I had fun nonetheless. And I learned something! A monochromatic background allows for a lot of layering and texturing, but really lets your photos take center stage (and busy photos at that). Good to know!
And now (insert drum roll and a big grin here)...my project kit: Metropolis in Bloom! You have to scroll down after you click through the link in order to buy it.
- 7gypsies - Market Collection: Moe
- 7gypsies -Market Collection: Herne
- Bazzill - Embossed Cardstock: Peek-a-Boo Leaves: Parakeet
- Bazzill - Embossed Cardstock: Vintage Vines: Ruby Slipper
- 7gypsies - Binderie Board Kit: City Scape
- Ranger -12x12 sheets of Sticky Back Canvas (2 sheets)
- Tim Holtz - Grungepaper -Harlequin (1 sheet)
- Tim Holtz -Ink Blending Tool (One tool and two dense, quality foam pads included)
- Heidi Swapp - Invisibles Alphas: Downtown Dot
- Heidi Swapp - Damask stamp
- Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears (4qty per kit)
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Washers ( 8 qty per kit)
- Craft Felt: Yellow and Blue
- Anchor - Embroidery Floss - White
And here's the project...
Like I mentioned yesterday, there's a private blog with instructions on how to put the kit together to make this cool mini book. It's my first time putting a kit together and it was crazy and fun and a little surreal.
Thanks for stopping by!