Miscellaneous Mid-Week Post
April 23, 2009
The weather is finally looking less rainy and miserable. Yay! And my shows open in less than a week. Eeek! So, I'm feeling happy! And here are some other random things going on:
(1) I got an e-mail about an interesting project: A Million Little Pictures. From their website:
I really love this idea. But, I didn't sign up to participate. They're charging $18 ($21 for internationals) to participate and you have to develop the film and send it to them (photos not returned and become the property of the project). While I understand the logic behind all that, I just couldn't bring myself to agree to those terms.
(2) My husband and I have signed up to take a class together. It's called "Modern in Five":
I'm looking forward to (1) learning some art history - a great void in my personal education and (2) taking the class with John - he often has a different perspective on things than I do and even though we went to college together, we never took a class together.
(3) I thought this was an interesting design team call by Collage Press. It was a very short call, only posted on their blog and in their newsletter. They asked only for a link to your gallery and stated very clearly that they would only be taking people on fewer than 2 design teams. Despite the fact that I would love to be on the Collage Press design team, I can see their point. So many designers are overcommited and a manufacturer wants your attention and focus and loyalty. I wonder if this will become a trend or if it's simply a lone event?
(4) Um, amazing Easter eggs here. Totally blew my mind!
(5) I took a few photos at the Portrait Bug charity crop for Milk Can. We had a great time!
Thank you so much to everyone who came and donated to my favorite cause!
Thanks for stopping by!