Where can I buy scrapbooking supplies in Manhattan?
This is a question I get pretty frequently. So, I thought I'd compile a quick list of where I shop:
- Portrait Bug: This is a dedicated scrapbooking store offering lots of the latest and greatest. They also have a portrait studio on the premises, so you can take photos and scrap them right away!
- Lee's Art Shop: Before Portrait Bug opened, this is where I shopped the most. It's probably why I use so many art supplies (like paint) in my work. Totally influenced by the supplies available. They sell fine art supplies, crafty supplies (felt, glue), some scrapbooking stuff, etc.
- The Ink Pad: Packed to the rafters, this tiny gem of a store offers a million different stamps and all the stuff that goes with stamping and papercrafting. They have some scrapbooking supplies, but the focus is definitely on stamping.
- M&J Trimmings: I can get lost for hours in all the wonderful ribbon and buttons and trim at M&J. It's worth a visit if only to stare. Though, I've never managed to leave without something exquisite!
- Tinsel Trading: It's supposedly Martha Stewart's favorite craft shop. I haven't been to the new location, so I can't attest to the layout, but they carry amazing stuff! Lots of vintage trim and beautiful reproduction ephemera. Great stuff and totally unusual!
- Kate's Paperie: This is a big chain of stores. It's mostly cards and stationery with some scrapbooking stuff. But, there are plenty of locations around Manhattan, so it's easy to get to.
Here's the one thing you have to know before you shop at any of these places: they charge NYC prices. So be prepared to pay more then you do at home (although for non-North Americans this may not hold true...).
Anyway, I hope that's helpful! If you have any places to add or any opinions about the places I've mentioned, just leave them in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by!