In Teacher Mode...
So Excited!

Label Tulip: May

It's reveal day for Label Tulip!  Check out what I did with this month's kit:

3SeparateWays-sm

The idea was to create “ghost” images from the past on this layout.  So, I printed some old photos onto a transparency and used Glossy Accents to adhere them. 

3SeparateWaysDetail-sm

Dig that 2 tone glitter glue from Sulyn.

LiveLife!-sm

This might be one of my all time favorite layouts ever.  And it uses an AMAZING splat stamp, which is the exclusive Label Tulip stamp this month.  Definitely my favorite LT stamp ever.

• To create the background, I lightly adhered several chipboard frames and shapes and then sprayed Color Wash across the background.  Once I removed the frames and shapes, I traced the masked shapes with a black pen.
• I used paint on the splat stamp and it really enhances the effect.
• The white circles were created by using an empty toilet paper tube as a stamp.

LiveLife!Detail-sm

The paper ruffles are comprised of squares.  I cut several 1.5” squares, adhered punched out circles to them, and then stitched the squares down.  With my fingers and an edge distresser, I rolled up the edge of the ruffle.

MyMorningRoutine-sm

This month's challenge was to create a layout based on a little known fact about yourself.  My layout is about my daily habit of taking a self-portrait in the mirror by the elevator.

MyMorningRoutineDetail-sm

• I created a colorful and very textured background using cardstock, patterned paper, and border strips.  I used gesso to wash over the entire surface and then added homemade Glimmer Mist (perfect pearls + water + distress re-inkers) to add some color and shine.  I love the way this technique allows so many small and disparate photos to work together and not fight with the busy background.
• I inlined each of the letters in the title with a black pen.
• The five frames were each sprayed with a bit of orange Color Wash.  It helps to unite them.

OldHairNewHair-sm

• I painted over the originally green alphabet stickers to make them orange, and added a white outline with a pen.
• The red circles on the background were made by stamping with an empty toilet paper tube.

OldHairNewHairDetail-sm

The flowers were created by stitching ribbon together on a water soluble solvent.  I added paint and buttons to them as well.  I'm planning to have a tutorial on making these some time later in the month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments