Day 12 is here at last. Here is the tag from Mr. Holtz:
Problem #2: I could not get the Glossy Accents to hold. So I ended up using gel medium instead.
Problem #3: No matter what I did, the flower layers just didn't want to glue together, so I added a base of white paper and that seemed to solve the problem.
Let's look at the details:
Okay, so I had some technical problems. I'd really like to try these again with a 6 petal flower base and a little more time. Now, how about all 12 tags?
It has been a lot of fun! I think people like doing the 12 tags for any number of reasons. I do it because I like learning new techniques and gathering new ideas. Here are the things I'm going to take away from the experience:
- Rock Candy Stickles are the greatest invention on earth. They are clear and really shiny when dry. They add a gorgeous shine to anything they touch! And you can dry them with a heat gun. I'm buying a case. Seriously.
- I need to use my grungeboard (and my stamps) more often! Making your own grungeboard elements is so darn easy. And I love that it doesn't tear when you cut tiny pieces. I'm going to do a lot more with grungeboard.
- Take things you already love and use (for example, the frame from tag #4 and the fragments from tag #5) and embellish them a bit further (the roof and silver foil respectively) to total transform them! I love those two ideas!
- Loved the burned paper fragments from tag #8 - inked and torn vellum. It's quick and easy and looks fantastic!
- Perfect Pearl Splatters (tag #2) are a quick and easy way to add sparkle. I already add watercolor splatters to almost everything. I like the idea of kicking them up a notch with some glimmer!
- The make-your-own-stamp-pad (tag #4) is flippin' awesome! Definitely going to do this one again!
- I'm a technique girl. I guess I always knew that, but this experience really confirmed it for me. I didn't care much for the tags that were more about artful arrangement. I loved the tags that were super involved, and especially the ones that involved some sort of chemical reaction (resist, etc.)
- I made some clunkers. And I shared them publicly. And I'm still alive and nobody threw rocks at me. Phew.
- I made some beautiful tags that I'm really proud of. I learned some things. I'm a happy girl.