Dress forms were everywhere at CHA! And when I got home I decided that I wanted to make one of my own.
I drew out the background stripes with a pencil and then cut strips that looked like they would fit. I eyeballed it, but for the most part it really works. I was sure to wrap the ends of papers all the way around the canvas for a finished edge.
You can see in the side view that I rubbed grey Distress Stickles into the cracks between papers to add a sparkly grout. But nothing too thick and bold! I also splashed the background canvas with the same turquoise paint that I used to write “create.” It helps to tie it all together!
I drew the dress form on the back of the cardstock with a pencil and then cut it out. I stitched the clothes directly onto the dress form (including the lace collar and the pleated skirt). Once the mannequin was fully dressed I adhered it to the canvas with foam adhesive, for a bit of a lift. (You can really see the foam adhesive in the side view photo above).
I stamped the tag and then washed over the stamped image with gesso. You can just see the stamp through the paint. To finish it off I painted "create" along the edge, added some embellishments and fed it through my typewriter.
An easy, girly project to hang on the wall!
Thanks for stopping by!