Sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and relax. I've got a long and winding story to tell you.
Back in 2007 it felt like all anyone on the internet could talk about was "hybrid scrapbooking" -- the mixture of digital and paper scrapbooking. It was "the next big thing." May Flaum and Audrey Neal wrote a book on the subject. Prima Marketing created a whole digi&paper line and even gathered together a hybrid design team. There was a print magazine called "Scrapbook Dimensions" that was dedicated to hybrid.
It was huge and there was a steep learning curve.
Like any ambitious girl I figured that if I could get ahead of that curve I might just create a little niche career for myself. I bought books and read tutorials and consumed information on Photoshop. One of the first online classes I ever taught was "Photoshop Elements for Hybrid Scrapbooking." I put myself forward as a hybrid-know-it-all and even made it onto the Scrapbook Dimensions Magazine Dream Team. I felt rather accomplished and proud.
If you are interested in learning about techniques for digital scrapbooking (there are also plenty of applications for your blog), I highly recommend checking out Patty Debowski's site. She's amazing and chock full of awesome tips and tutorials. I own both of her books and they are packed with easy-to-follow tutorials for everything in Photoshop Elements.
I recently suggested that Patty would be a great fit for a few segments on Scrapbook Soup and I was overjoyed when it worked out! Here we are on the set of Scrapbook Soup:
(photo from Julie McGuffee's blog)
Patty has a knack for explaining very technical things in very plain language.
And here's the great news...Patty and I got to talking in Cleveland and she is offering an *amazing* giveaway today.
Valued at $158.95 (and currently on sale for $89.99), this bundle includes the following five items:
- BOOK: Photoshop Elements Basics & Beyond by Patty Debowski. All of the information you’ll ever need to create great projects, edit photos, and organize photos and digital scrapbooking supplies. No previous knowledge of Photoshop Elements is required.
- GUIDE: Photoshop Elements Ultimate Digi Guide – This six page laminated guide contains the most essential tips and techniques and is geared towards helping you work smarter and faster.
- DVD: Organizer Catalog Backup – This DVD saves you hours of work. All of the items from the Photoshop Elements Basics & Beyond companion DVD are tagged by color, element type, designer, kit name, pattern, and theme.
- DVD: Editing & Organizing Digital Photos Training Videos - These DVD Videos follow along with the pages in the book so that you have the benefit of reading, seeing, and hearing how to complete the tutorials, similar to being in a private one-on-one class with Patty. You will be surprised to see how much better your photos will look with just a few keystrokes. Videos are PC and Mac compatible.
- DVD: Digital Scrapbooking & Organizing Digital Scrapbooking Supplies Training Videos - Follow along as you learn how easy it is to create fun digital projects like scrapbook pages, cards, and other projects. I also show you how to organize your digital scrapbooking supplies so you can find the exact element you’re looking for quickly to help you fully utilize your stash and save money.
If you would like to win Patty Debowski's Digi-Basic Book Special PLUS, leave an answer to the following question in the comments section:
What is your most recent art or craft related purchase?
You have until the end of the week. I will announce the winner on Monday. If you'd like to learn more about the various books, DVDs, and classes (both in-person and online classes) that Patty offers, please visit her website.
Thanks for stopping by!