Stencil Hop: Stamps + Stencils
June 14, 2012
This is it! The final stencil hop of the season. And as you can see from the graphic above, this week we're doing something a little bit special. This week I'm teaming up with the talented ladies from the Impression Obsession Design Team to show off the Balzer Designs matching stamps and stencils!!
Each stamp set works independently.
Each stencil works independently.
Each stencil has a matching stamp set. Each stamp set has a matching stencil. And they work together.
(Read the original announcement post here.)
Let's meet the super talented ladies from the Impression Obsession Design Team:
- Mitra Friant: Mitra is the owner of Impression Obsession.
- Jeanne Streiff: Jeanne is a member of many Design Teams including Sizzix, Card Positioning System, and FlowerSoft. She is also a moderator over at Split Coast Stampers (which if you've never visited has great tutorials and lots of good advice).
- Daniela Dobson: Daniela is a stamping experet. Besides Impression Obsession, she is also on the Design Team for brands such as Technique Tuesday and Clearsnap. She has been published in many magazines including Scrapbook Trends and Paper Crafts Magazine.
- Laura Fulcher: Laura is the Design Team Coordinator for Memory Box. She is also a Copic Certified Designer and has been rubber stamping since 1996.
- Vicki Garrett: Vicki is a Product Education Specialist for ShinHan Arts. She is on the Design Teams of several companies besides Impression Obsession, including The Stamps of Life, Card Positioning Systems, and Stampotique Originals.
- Jenny Gropp: Jenny is a Copic Certified Designer and, like me, a fan of the Genesis Paper Trimmer. On her blog she says, "Rubber Stamping and creating cards is my therapy, it keeps me sane...my craft room is it's own little world."
- Dina Kowal: Diana has been stamping since 1993. Her work has appeared in several magazines including Somerset's Take Ten and Paper Crafts Magazine. She also licenses Christian-themed collage stamp art to several different companies including Impression Obsession.
- Julie Koerber: Julie has had dozens of cards published in publications such as Rubber Stamper Magazine and Cardmaps Today. She is currently the Design Team Coordinator for Flourishes and was a Papercrafts Gallery Idol Top 5 Finalist in 2008.
I'm super anxious to see what these ladies have done to bring these stamps and stencils into their style of creating!
As a reminder, here are the tags I shared the last time I wrote about these sets.
I also made this art journal page:
Watch the video to see the page come together in fast forward:
Art Journaling Fast Forward from Julie Balzer on Vimeo.
I also made a video for you with some tips and tricks for lining up the stamp sets and stencils:
Here are some of the key points made in the video:
I also put together this art journal page (using the butterfly and the bird scene stencils):
And this scrapbook page (using the Layered Tickets stamps and stencils):
There's just so much that you can do with these six sets of matching stamp sets and stencils. If you'd like a chance to win ALL SIX matching stamp sets and stencils, please leave an answer to the following question in the comments section of this post:
Which of the eleven Spring 2012 Stencil Hops has been your favorite and why?
If you don't know how to leave a comment, please click here. I will choose a winner next Wednesday (June 20).
Now get hopping:
- Mitra Friant
- Jeanne Streiff
- Daniela Dobson
- Laura Fulcher
- Vicki Garrett
- Jenny Gropp
- Dina Kowal
- Julie Koerber
Thanks for stopping by!