On Friday my new online class "Getting Started with the Gelli Plate" will be released.
What is a Gelli Plate?
I'm so glad that you asked!
It's a product made by Gelli Arts for monoprinting (creating unique individual - mono or one - prints).
Essentially, it's a big squishy rectangle of a gelatin-like substance. As you can see from the packaging, it's advertised as a method of creating monoprints without a press. Watch this video on traditional monoprinting with a press and you'll see why the Gelli Plate is so darn awesome!
"Getting Started with the Gelli Plate" is a class devoted to getting you comfortable with your Gelli Plate.
The class is hosted on a private password protected blog and there are seven lessons and five videos which walk you step-by-step through the process of Gelli Printing.
Watch this one-minute video for a peek into the class:
The seven lessons are:
- Supplies: A chat about the supplies I use and why I like them.
- Removing Paint from the Plate: This is the most common type of Gelli Printing that you see in online tutorials and magazine articles.
- Adding Paint to the Plate: Take a step forward with your Gelli Printing! Learn how easy it is to fake drawing skills with a Gelli Plate.
- Using Stencils & Basic Layering: When you start mixing stencils with the Gelli Plate, super exciting things happen! We will use both commercial and handmade stencils and masks to create unique layered images.
- Creating Intentional Layers: This lesson is all about using the Gelli Plate to create a finished print that stands alone as a piece of art.
- What to do with Gelli Prints? Gelli Prints are super fun to make (it really is an addictive process), but what do you do with those prints? I offer up a range of possibilities to you!
- Resource Guide & One More Technique: The title pretty much explains it all. This is a wrap-up post with some resource links, and then I couldn't helps myself -- I had to include just one more fun technique!
Here are a few of the prints from the class:
This is a great class to take if you own a Gelli Plate and simply aren't getting the results you want. This is also a great class to take if you're thinking of buying a Gelli Plate, but not sure whether or not it would work for you. Watch the videos and then make a decision! (I suspect you'll want one after you see how cool the process is!)
Class is a steal at just $15:
And don't forget, you can also buy a twelve-class pass for all twelve "Getting Started" classes. It's $165 (savings of $15 or one free class!):
Thanks for stopping by!