I'm a great believer in learning from what you like. By thinking about what I like about these layouts I hope to make even better scrapbook pages in 2014! With that in mind, here are some things these layouts seem to share:
- Assymetry -- strongly weighted to one side or the other.
- Faux Polaroids -- both using an even border and a "write on" border.
- Photo Groupings -- with the exception of one layout, every multiple photo layout has the photos touching and overlaping so that they become a single visual element.
- Bold Title -- for the most part, it's the first thing you see on the page.
- Paint and Stencils -- it's not surprising to see that all of these pages have paint, spray ink, and/or stencils in use.
- Handwriting -- with a few exceptions, all of these pages feature my handwriting - either in the title work or for the journaling.
Did I miss anything? Do you see any similarities that I should make note of for the future?
Thanks for stopping by!