I'm so totally delighted and thrilled to share that after many hours of google searches, a ton of Diet Coke, and some serious swear words, I have created a brand new online classroom site for Balzer Designs!! Yay!
I'm not much of computer programmer, but I have two huge art journaling classes that I want to offer this year. (I've already recorded the videos, I just need to edit all of it and get the class put together.) But I really wanted to offer the new classes in a smooth and social environment. So, I started reading and reading and reading and experimenting. There was a lot of failure punctuated by moments of victory in which I may or may not have raised my arms in jubilant celebration and said, "Take that, computer! I win!"
So, let's talk about the new site. (I hope you'll be as excited as I am about it!!)
- Online classes will remain as awesome as they always have been: video lessons with supporting photos and text, and linked supply lists.
- You will have access to all of your classes using one url, one username (which you choose), and one password (which you can reset yourself). Hooray!
- As with all Balzer Designs online classes, you never lose access to the class once you purchase it.
- There are some super cool social aspects to the site. You have a profile page with a photo, information about yourself, links to your places on the web, a gallery, and a Facebook style wall where you can post updates and images that people can like and comment on.
- In addition, each class has its own private group where there's a message board and a photo gallery.
- You can "friend" people on the site and gather a great little network of art-loving folks!
- Payments will be processed automatically -- so no more 48-hour waiting period to get your class login information. Purchase and play!
I think I've worked the bugs out, but it's so hard to tell before people start using the site. It reminds me of how before stadiums open, they get hundreds of people to all the flush the toilets at the exact same time in order to make sure that the system works as expected. I'm nervous, but I've done my homework, so I hope it's a smooth transition.
That said, there may be some fits and starts. Do let me know if you run into any problems. I'm out in New Jersey teaching this week, but I'll do my best to get on it ASAP. As always, I appreciate your patience.
If you'd like to try out the new classroom, you can try out my FREE online class, "Stencil 101."
So, what if you're already a Balzer Designs online student?
- The private password protected blogs that host the classes you've already purchased will remain available to you just as they are now. You will not lose access of any kind. Ever. The new classroom should not affect you at all.
- If you'd like to be transferred over to the new classroom site, I'm happy to do that for you. It's a manual process on my end with a little work on your end.
- You will need to visit the new Balzer Designs Classroom and register for Stencil 101 (it's free). Once you register, you will be in the new classroom system and have a username.
- You will need to send an e-mail to balzerdesignsclasses AT gmail DOT com (this is a different e-mail address than my usual one).
- In the e-mail please include
- your username for the new classroom site
- the PayPal e-mail address you originally used to sign up for class
- the names of the classes you'd like to transfer over -- Please note that not all Balzer Designs online classes have been located in the new classroom. So, obviously, you can only transfer over classes that have been relocated. :)
- Because thousands of students have gone through my online classes and each transfer request must be processed by me, by hand, it may take several weeks for your request to be processed. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
I hope you'll give the new Balzer Designs Classroom a try!
Thanks for stopping by!