You guys, I've decided to try something new out. I'm hosting a full-day class at my apartment in midtown Manhattan! As you can imagine, seats are extremely limited, so sign-up early!
I'm teaching the technique you see below (among others):
Here are all the details:
What: Carving Stamps for Patterning! This class is all about carving patterning stamps – ones that can be used over and over to create beautiful repeating patterns! Along with the basics of transferring images, carving stamps, and printing, you will learn tips and tricks for carving stamps that create complex patterns depending on how you print them. Gain loads of fresh new ideas for methods of printing repeating pattern stamps. I’ll even show you how to make your very own custom colored ink pad!
Where: Julie's apartment in midtown Manhattan. Exact address will be provided to registered students.
When: Saturday, August 1 from 10:30am-5:30pm with a one-hour break for lunch.
How to Register: E-mail me to register. Seats are very limited.
Students Should Bring (please check links to make sure you're bringing the correct things):
- Speedball Carving Tool with multiple blades
- Speedy Carve (2-3, 4x6 sheets, or the equivalent in another sheet size)
- Cutting Mat (glass mat preferred) -- You can also use any picture frame with glass in it!
- Ruler, metal edge preferred
- Box Cutter with a long blade
- Mechanical Pencil
- Ballpoint Pen
- Permanent Black Marker (Permapaque recommended, Sharpies don't work)
- 2-3 colored permanent markers (Permapaques recommended, Sharpies don't work)
- juicy black permanent ink pad -- make sure it's new or re-inked (Archival Ink recommended)
- 3-4 brightly colored Ink Pad re-inkers (I like Distress Ink re-inkers)
- Optional: Quilting Ruler, Sandwich Bag, permanent ink pads in other colors, apron, grid stamp, Cut & Dry Stamp Pad Felt, Copy Paper (20 sheets)
- My apartment is easily reachable by public transportation (A, C, E, B, D, 1, 9, N, & R trains are all within a few blocks walk).
- There is an elevator in the building.
- There is an underground parking lot across the street and an open air parking lot half-a-block away. On street parking is tough.
- Lunch is on your own. You can purchase something from one of the many restaurants in the neighborhood or bring your own. You will have access to the refrigerator and microwave.
- I will have some stencils, copies of my book, and original artwork for sale.
- The class fee is non-refundable.
- You do not need to know how to carve stamps to take the class.
I have to confess I'm a little nervous about the whole strangers-in-my-home thing, but the community of art and craft has always been kind to me, so I assume it will all be a-okay. :)
Hope you can join me for class! Thanks for stopping by!