Embossing for the ScanNCut has finally arrived! Hooray! There are two types of embossing that you can do with your ScanNCut: Line Embossing and Region Embossing.
Watch the videos for the how-to information:
And here are the samples from the videos:
To answer a few questions:
- No, you cannot use the embossing tool in the Universal Pen Holder. The machine will not enter into embossing mode if it detects something other than the embossing tool holder in the holder area.
- Yes, you can emboss cardstock using either region embossing or line embossing.
- Yes, the templates you create for region embossing are re-useable. Every time you emboss that design, you can use the template over and over.
- Yes, the embossing tools are compatible with all models of ScanNCut.
- Yes, you must use the embossing mat when embossing.
- No, you cannot cut metal with the ScanNCut.
- Yes, you must use the metal that Brother sells. If the metal isn't sandwiched between plastic it may damage the scanner glass.
- Yes, the ScanNCut Embossing Starter Kit is available for purchase. Unfortunately, it's not available at Amazon right now. You have to order it through a Brother dealer. This is because it was more popular than expected and so it's a bit backordered, but coming soon!
Let me know if you have other embossing related questions!
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. I am a paid spokesperson for the Brother ScanNCut. It is a machine that I love and use. All projects and opinions are my own.