The Saturday market on Portobello Road in London is one of those fun experiences that everyone should have. A long leisurely stroll will lead you through antiques, junk, collectibles, food, street art, street performers, and lots of people watching!
Some things to take away from these photos:
- Check out the masterful shadowing of the train car windows in the last graffiti photo. Simple and effective.
- Mixing of fonts in a single sign. From printed signs to street art, everything that grabbed my attention had a mixture of fonts.
- Hand painted clothing -- from shoes to hoodies. You can do that yourself!
- Art is everywhere! Are you looking up? Down? Really observing as you walk down the street?
- Businesses are using a lot of "street art style" art on their businesses. This is a great opportunity for artists to make a living.
- Humor is a powerful thing. I recently listened to a podcast talking about "adding value" to people's lives and humor was listed as a value. I see it all over these photos.
- Red, red, red! Almost every single one of these photos has red in it. Does that mean that red is an overused color or does that mean I'm attracted to red and so I took photos when I saw it?
What are you taking away from these photos?
Thanks for stopping by!