I've been working on it in hotel rooms:
- I am stitching on plain muslin. No interfacing. No batting. Just a piece of fabric.
- I'm using DMC floss -- I divide the 6-strands of floss and only work with 2 strands at a time.
- I am not a trained stitcher. I use simple intuitive stitches as I work.
- I draw directly on the fabric with a pencil, as I go, marking what I want to stitch next.
- My stitching kit includes: DMC floss, a needle, a plastic hoop, a clip-on book lamp, a pencil, scissors, and finger thimbles.
- Yes, you can bring scissors and needles onto an airplane. TSA allows most scissors with blades under 4 inches long. More info here.
- I'm not sure what the finished piece will look like -- I haven't worked it out that far.
- When it's done, I'll probably stretch it over Canvas Stretcher Bars, as I did with the previous one.
- This process of stitching takes a loooong time. I can't even guess how long I've been working on this one. But I really enjoy it and find it passes the time quite quickly!
Let me know if you have other questions!
Thanks for stopping by!