Have you heard of inktober? It’s a month-long challenge that was started by illustrator and cartoonist Jake Parker. In essentials, you are encouraged to create an ink drawing each day in October. Here's a video about it that he put together:
Each year he releases a series of prompts, which you are welcome to adhere to or not. This is the list of prompts for this year:
I even made a little book of my 2014 inktober experience.
I like to use challenges to help me towards personal art goals. At the time, I wanted to improve my lettering skills. Creating a piece of lettering every single day for 31 days definitely made me faster and better at lettering.
This year I was thinking of a new spin on the challenge. It’s called "Print Inktober." I’ll be using printing ink and stamping ink rather than drawing ink, but my goal is to create a stamped print every day of October. I want to get my stamps out of storage and into play!
I’ll be posting under the hashtag #printinktober and if you’d like to play along, you are welcome to!
- Create and post one print each day in October.
- Use the hashtag #printinktober when you post.
- Any stamp can be used – foam, silicone, rubber, hand carved, lino, whatever you want!
- Any ink can be used – screenprinting ink, marker ink, stamping ink, printing ink, etc.
- You can use the official inktober prompts, if you'd like. Or not.
- Have fun and don’t worry if you miss a day (or more). The point of the challenge is to get those stamps out of storage and into use!!
Thanks for stopping by!