If you're new to Art Journal Every Day, there is a short introduction here. All of the previous posts can be found archived here. Remember, it's just ten minutes of nourishing your creative self every day! No need to finish anything or even like it. If you've done some art journaling this week, use the hashtag #artjournaleveryday so that we can all take a peek. Even if you're not on social media, you can see everything (from twitter, pinterest, instagram, and facebook) that uses that hashtag here.
If you follow my vlog or my instagram feed, you know that I have been traveling like a crazy lady for the past few weeks. Other than the frequent flyer miles, one of the upsides of all of that travel is that I have been making a lot of art while up in the air or sitting in a hotel room. Today I thought I'd share some of the pages I made in my Gelli Journal while traveling. (I looked it up and the last time I posted about my Gelli Journal was 2015! And I actually have made too many pages in the last few weeks to share in one post, so I'll share more over the next few weeks!)
One of my favorite things about my Gelli Journals is that you prep the pages at home and then take just a few supplies with you to create amazing mixed media journal pages! It's really cool. And, my online class about the process begins on December 1, 2018.
Here's what to expect from class:
- There are more than 30 HD instructional videos.
- What you see in these photos and video is just a tiny taste of what awaits in the classroom!
- The online classroom is packed with written tips and take aways.
- You can leave comments and questions and interact with other students, just as you would on a blog.
- The first half of the class is all about gelatin printing directly into a sketchbook -- how to make sure you get the crack, how to fix problems that occur, how to create layers of color and pattern, how to keep pages from sticking together, etc.
- Whether you're an experienced gelatin printer or you've never ever tried it before, this class is for you. Experienced printers will proceed through the gelatin printing section quickly and less experienced or brand new printers will take their time going lesson-by-lesson.
- The second half of the class is all about creating pictures in your printed journal.
- You do not have to know how to draw. I share methods for creating pictures by stamping and stenciling -- there's even a video on creating a stencil from a photograph!
- If you want to try drawing, I share how to combine simple shapes to create wonderful pictures.
- I share my tips on embellishing your pictures with gel pens, paint markers, and more.
- I focus in on correcting "mistakes" (aka happy accidents) and getting the results that you want.
- Take as much time as you want or need to complete the course. Once you purchase "Gelli Journals," you have lifetime access.
PLEASE NOTE: The first four videos of this class have some auto-focus issues and so they go in and out of focus, as you can see in this YouTube video. If the bouncing bothers you, do not sign up for class. No refunds will be given.
Class begins December 1, 2018.
Early Bird Pricing (Nov 1, 2018 - Nov 30, 2018) $125
To get a $75 discount, use this code: EarlyGelli
Thanks for stopping by!