I hope you'll join me for a new in-person class I'm teaching on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at a private home in Hanover, MA.
Collage Faces is a super fun one-day workshop. To begin, you will learn all about the basic structure of the face. Then through a series of easy exercises you will learn how to render a face in cut paper collage. We will cover the subtleties of shading, eyes, and all the details that make your collage face really pop!
Supplies to Bring:
- Multiple surfaces to collage onto – canvas board, watercolor paper, wood, art journal, cardstock, etc. – whatever you prefer.
- Paper for collage – found papers, hand painted papers, etc. – bring more than you think you’ll need. Try to bring a full palette of colors.
- Scratch Paper (can just be several sheets of copy paper or notebook paper)
- Permanent Black Pen
- Permanent Black Marker
- Liquitex Matte Medium
- Credit Card or Hotel Room Key
- Paintbrushes in a variety of sizes
- Jar or container for water
- Scissors (small detail scissors recommended)
- Wax Paper or Freezer Paper
- Painter’s Tape
- Paper Plate or Palette Paper
- Optional: Apron, crayons or oil pastels, watercolor and/or acrylic paint, paper towel or rag, craft knife and cutting mat, charcoal, collage paper to share
The class is $135 and class size is strictly limited. No refunds, but you can give your spot to a friend if something comes up and you can't attend class.
Hope to see you in class!