I am a member of the Cambridge Modern Quilt Guild. At our Guild Meeting on Sunday, one of the Guild Members taught us how to make a pincushion from eight hexagons. I used some leftover scraps that another Guild Member didn't want.
Here are some things I liked about this project:
- This pin cushion uses up very little fabric and is perfect for leftover scraps you can't bear to throw away!
- It's also all hand sewn, so it's perfect for taking on the go or doing in front of the TV.
- I assumed that the pin cushion would be filled with Fiber Fill or something similar. Instead it's filled with crushed walnut shells. Because they're heavy, the pin cushion doubles as a pattern weight.
- I was introduced to sewing clips and I immediately bought a pack of 100. Where have they been all my life?!
- It was my first experience with English Paper Piecing and it was much easier than I thought it would be.
In case you'd like to try, I did some googling and I found this video tutorial, which looks very similar to what we were taught. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!