The good folks at Aves have sponsored Make It Artsy for several seasons. So many fabulous guests have come on the show and shown off amazing projects made with Apoxie Sculpt. Here are two of my favorites:
After coming home from the most recent season of filming Make It Artsy, I knew that I just *had* to try it for myself. I filmed myself trying it out for the first time and making 3 pendants and a ring. You can watch the video to see how it went (BTW: The folks at Aves did not ask me to make a video or write this post. I just wanted to share.):
- I really like what I made AND I enjoyed the process
- The Apoxie Sculpt is amazing. You can stick anything in it and it just stays.
- There is a long open time. I actually was able to start on the pendants, go and have dinner, and then come back and keep working! The clay does get firmer with time, but that ended up being helpful.
- I have trouble working with gloves on. I think I might need smaller gloves because the fingers were too long on these ones and it drove me batty.
- I don't often think in 3-D, so this was a challenge to change my way of thinking.
- I should have read a bit about using a mold with Apoxie Sculpt. I was supposed to leave the clay in the mold and let it cure. Instead, I just pulled it out right away. Oooops.
- This was super fun.
- I need lots more practice to reach the point where what's in my brain translates to what I actually make.
- I hope to keep experimenting with Apoxie Sculpt and see what develops!
I'll be back tomorrow with photos of the finished jewelry I made!
Thanks for stopping by!