Today is the first day of Fall! I figured that it might be the perfect time to share this Fall-themed project:
Here are the basics:
- Choose banner shape.
- Load a mat with cork fabric on it.
- Cut the shape from cork fabric.
- Choose a font.
- Resize the text.
- Load a mat with four colors of stiff felt on it.
- Cut letters from felt.
- Tack felt letters to cork fabric banners with a glue stick.
- Sew fabric letters to cork fabric banners.
- Cut small strips from excess cork fabric.
- Use the strips to create loops for the banner pieces. Stitch the loops in place.
- Choose one of the rolled flower designs.
- Cut it from patterned paper.
- Roll the flower.
- Fold the base along the perforation line.
- Release the rolled flower and glue to base.
- Choose a leaf design.
- Scan in felt scraps and place designs so they fit on the scraps.
- If you have extra room on your scraps, keep adding various leaf designs.
- Cut leaves and other embellishments from felt.
- Glue felt embellishments to the back of each paper flower.
- String a ribbon through the cork fabric banners, leaving enough room for the paper flowers.
- Glue each flower/embellishment combo onto the ribbon between banners and at the two ends.
- Hang in your home and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Thanks for stopping by!
(Also, because I know someone will ask, I took the photos of the finished banner at my Mom's house in her beautiful dining room!)
P.S. I am a paid spokesperson for the Brother ScanNCut. It is a machine that I love and use. All projects and opinions are my own.