This is week three of #Printinktober!
As you know, I've been moving. Even though I prepped this project out by packing a little printing kit, this has been a super stressful week. But I've managed to continue with my printing on fat-quarter sized fabric. I've even managed to post a process video every day so far -- even with the move. Wow! What you'll see is the process video, embedded from instagram (if you get this blog via e-mail you may need to click on the title of the post to view the videos online) and a photo of the finished fabric:
I'm still enjoying printing on fabric. I'm really enjoying mixing up my block printing ink colors. I think the mixed colors (fish, leaves, bees, and square floral block) all have a particular intensity that I'm really liking. And just like carving your own stamps, mixing your own colors makes your artwork that much more uniquely yours. Whether you're a printmaker or a painter or a crafter -- or all three -- I think that mastering color mixing is one of the best things you can do for yourself!
Even though it's week 3, it's not too late to join in on all the fun! Remember, it's easy to participate using what you already have on hand:
- Use the hashtag #printinktober when you post.
- Any stamp can be used – foam, wood, silicone, rubber, hand carved, lino, whatever you want! (And you don't even have to use a stamp.)
- Any ink can be used – screenprinting ink, marker ink, stamping ink, printing ink, etc.
- You can use the official inktober prompts, if you'd like. Or not.
- Have fun and don’t worry if you miss a day (or more). The point of the challenge is to get those stamps out of storage and into use!!
Thanks for stopping by!