This is week two of #Printinktober!
As you know, I've been printing on fabric. Most of what I've been printing on is fat-quarter sized fabric. I've managed to post a process video every day so far -- even though we are moving yesterday and today. Yay! What you'll see is the process video, embedded from instagram (if you get this blog via e-mail you may need to click on the title of the post to view the videos online) and a photo of the finished fabric:
The last two prints were both made using my Balzer Designs Art Foamies!
I'm really enjoying printing on fabric. It's a much larger surface than most of my paper prints and so my brain is having to think differently about it. Details seem to get lost and simpler more graphic images seem to work better. For someone who loooooves fussy tiny details, this is kind of a revelation! I'm hoping to keep learning more and more about pattern scale as the month goes on!
It's not too late to join in on all the fun! Remember, it's easy to participate using what you already have on hand:
- Use the hashtag #printinktober when you post.
- Any stamp can be used – foam, wood, silicone, rubber, hand carved, lino, whatever you want! (And you don't even have to use a stamp.)
- Any ink can be used – screenprinting ink, marker ink, stamping ink, printing ink, etc.
- You can use the official inktober prompts, if you'd like. Or not.
- Have fun and don’t worry if you miss a day (or more). The point of the challenge is to get those stamps out of storage and into use!!
Thanks for stopping by!